BIM outsourcing company procedures (BOCP)
Building Information Modeling (BIM) is a 3D virtual computer model of a facility developed in a full scale and used to simulate construction and operation of a facility. The BIM 3D model will be created by combining various trade models with the master building model provided by the design team to include architectural and structural elements. The role of the BIM outsourcing company is to coordinate and simplify the BIM procedure of identifying and resolving spatial conflicts between the trades and master model elements supporting in the resolution of those clashes.
The role of each trade is to participate responsibly in a collaborative and cooperative manner to the overall goal of creating a coordinated 3D BIM model for each floor of the project so that the fabrication and installation process can begin once documentation of the clash tested model is reviewed and approved by the design team for each floor and then for the overall project.
Specific protocols that are needed for file sharing, trade identification within the model, posting schedules for updated models and meeting schedules are all important pieces of the overall process that require full cooperation and participation by each trade.
- Master Model as Existing Conditions
- Equip location and access
- Gravity pipe for plumbing, HVAC, and Fire Protection
- High and Medium Pressure Duct
- Large Diameter Pressure Pipe
- Medium/high voltage encased conduit
- Non-encased large conduit (greater than 3” OD)
- All other HVAC duct and piping elements
- All other plumbing elements
- Electrical distribution
- Fire Protection branch arm distribution
- Fire Alarm elements
- Check with Architectural BIM Model
- Check with Structural beam for fixing elevation for each trade